The YHT-397 Home Theater System provides simple operation, yet includes essential capabilities for high definition home audio video enjoyment, offering popular features like USB input for iPhone and color on-screen display, as well as a 5.1 channel speaker system with a powerful 8″ 100W subwoofer. This system is also ready for the next generation with sophisticated technologies like 4k video passthrough and ECO mode for lower power consumption. The Yamaha YHT-397 5.1-Channel Home Theater System includes the all-new Yamaha HTR-3065BL Receiver, Yamaha’s time tested NS-AP2600BL 5-Channel speaker system, and a powerful Yamaha YST-SW012BL2 100-Watt subwoofer.
4K Pass-Through for Next Generation Super High Resolution Images
This AV receiver provides advanced HDMI features including 4K pass-through. 4K refers to four times the resolution of a 1080p display. While not yet available, 4K displays and sources are sure to become popular in the future. This receiver is capable of passing the 4K data from the source to the display, for image clarity far beyond present standards.
HDMI with 3D and Audio Return Channel
3D means the receiver can handle 3D signal data. The Audio Return Channel function enables data to be sent and received via the same HDMI cable, so you can hear the sound from the TV via a single HDMI cable, with no need for an extra optical cable.
HDMI CEC for Easy Operation
Another benefit of HDMI is the availability of CEC functionality. When the unit is connected to a CEC compatible TV, it will turn on and off together with the TV, and you can use the TV remote to control the volume. CEC also provides advanced functionality with other components. For example, you can use the receiver’s remote unit to control player functions like Skip and Stop.
*All connected devices must be HDMI CEC compatible. Some CEC compatible TVs/players may not work.
Other Notable Advanced Features
- iPod/iPhone song titles displayed in English and Western European languages on the front panel
- Multi language color OSD for improved visibility
- Front panel mini jack input for connecting portable audio player
- Audio input assign capability for HDMI and component video input
- 9 selectable subwoofer crossover frequencies
- Subwoofer phase select / Subwoofer out
- Initial Volume Setting and Maximum Volume Setting
- Audio Delay for adjusting Lip-Sync (0-250 ms)
- 40-station preset tuning / Auto preset tuning
- Background Video feature (for Radio only)